The Laborer is an integral part of every excavation job, sewer and water installation and repair, delivery of product, and support to providing successful results for every Customer. The Laborer is responsible for representing the Company in a positive and polite manner with a Can Do! Attitude.
The Laborer will play a strong role in projects by utilizing a variety of skills from loading materials and equipment for excavation projects, to picking up and delivering parts, digging with a shovel, light equipment operation, using hand and power tools, saws, tampers, wrenches, etc., assisting in the installation and repair of storm sewer, sewer, and water services, site clean-up, and more. This is a physical job requiring the utmost of attention to safety and planning for the next possible step in a project. The Laborer must be able to contribute to Company data by accurately recording material used information, work performed records, and hours worked.
Sewer system installation/pipelaying experience a PLUS.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Current valid Driver’s License and good driving record.
- Must pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- MVR check must meet Company standards.
- Must adhere to Company safety procedures and comply with OSHA regulations.
- Ability to read and utilize maps, basic math skills.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull, up 50 to 75 pounds unassisted on an on-going basis.
- Ability to conduct daily start and end of day vehicle inspections and report mechanical issues.
- Skills should include ability to perform light mechanical repairs.
- Ability to obtain a CDL in the future is preferred.
- WILL TRAIN. Sewer system installation/pipelaying experience a PLUS.
CLICK HERE TO EMAIL LEE@OLSONSINTHEPINK.COM WITH QUESTIONS