17638 Lyons Street Northeast Forest Lake, MN 55025-8855
Phone: (651) 464-2082 | Fax: (651) 464-9029
Web: www.olsonsinthepink.com Email: email@example.com
Quality Comparison Points
Points of difference that make an Olson's Sewer Service installation the best investment in your onsite sewage treatment system...
From the house to the final treatment area the consumer will benefit when they purchase an installation from Olson's:
Thank you for reviewing this information.
- Have a back-up?-No rotoring equipment in your house! We install a 4-inch clean-out at the exterior of the house for easy access to the sewer line in the event that the line would become plugged. This access allows a service technician to rotor the line without bringing the line cleaning equipment into the house.
- Solid connections, best quality piping-no pulling apart, no breaks! The piping from the house to the tank, between tanks, (and to the dropbox in a gravity flow system) is all Schedule 40 4-inch solid core PVC pipe with long bell ends. This type of pipe offers additional strength over foam-core piping. The long bell end is cleaned with primer and then glued, guaranteeing a solid fit over the next pipe. This is a much more secure method than using a coupling to connect pipes and offers uniform installation of the pipe.
- No back-ups from root infiltration at the baffles! Sewer joint compound is used at the inlet and outlet of the tanks in addition to tank gaskets, and at all riser joints. Sewer joint compound works as a root inhibitor as well as added protection against infiltration.
- Quality tanks=no implosions or collapse! Our standard tanks (for use in non-dewatering sites) are constructed with 5500 psi concrete that is mixed at the manufacturer's plant in a quality controlled environment. Many other tank manufacturers use concrete delivered by a ready-mix truck. The tank lids are 5.25 inches thick with 5/8-inch rebar crisscrossed throughout for strength; the tank bottoms are 4 inches thick with 5/8-inch crisscrossed rebar; the side walls are 3 inches thick with 3/8-inch rebar wrapped around the tank. The inlets and outlets are fit with tough-tite gaskets. The baffles are constructed of plastic and secured with stainless steel 3/8-inch by 1-inch bolts, washers, and nuts. Cement type and fiberglass type baffles are not used as these materials will deteriorate within the tank environment.
- When installing tanks at a site requiring dewatering, we install Wieser brand tanks. Wieser constructs tanks built to withstand the hydraulic pressure found in high water table sites, specifically designed for use in flood plain conditions.
- No more hand digging to access the tanks! No ugly concrete covers! We install 24-inch diameter green corrugated PVC risers on the tank maintenance openings to grade, and cover the opening with a green synthetic lid secured by an inner gasket and hex screws. These risers are rigid and will be installed with only one joint at the tank opening. The green covers are esthetically pleasing, corrosion resistant, and secure.
- 3-year warranty on pumps! We install Gould brand, cast iron pumps with a 2-inch discharge. The Gould pumps come with a 3-year warranty on the pump product. Additional pump specifications are enclosed with bid information.
- Keep maintenance costs down with easy access to lift station components and no "blow-apart" piping! Pumps are installed with a looped pump discharge which brings the piping and disconnect up to an elevation inside the lift tank (or riser extension as necessary) so the pump and switches can be accessed by one service technician from grade level. Many installers do not install the pump and switches for easy access from grade level which then requires two technicians to perform a confined space entry into the lift station tank, adding unnecessary costs for the homeowner when servicing o the lift station. We use a cam-lock style quick coupler made of PVC and stainless steel at the point of disconnect for the looped piping. This type of connection will not blow apart under pressure like the commonly used fernco type coupler (similar to a radiator clamp). All fittings in the looped piping are deep well pressure fittings, cleaned with primer and glued. The fittings are not drain, waste, and vent fittings.
- You don't have to hire the electrician! When installing replacement systems, all electrical work is included, from the lift station to the inside of the house and is hooked up inside the house by a licensed electrician.
When installing systems for new homes, we install the electrical service from the lift station to the exterior of the home. We recommend the new construction project electrician as the most cost effective person to perform the wiring hook-up inside the home as they perform the balance of the electrical work for the new home.
- Weather resistant electrical box and gopher damage protection included! We typically utilize a Jiffy Junction brand or SJ Rhombus brand electrical junction box for electrical connections at the lift station. The junction box houses the plug in points for the pump and switches. All wires from inside the lift station tank are brought into the junction box through conduit. When it is necessary to bring the conduit through the riser sidewall, rubber grommets are used to insure there is no infiltration at the opening in the sidewall.
- For those installations that require additional components such as timers or other advanced control panels, we install a pedestal or post to hold the panel components-depending on the system design. SJ Rhombus specializes in building control panels, alarms, timers, switches and electrical junction boxes specifically for the wastewater management industry and are used by Olson's whenever a system design calls for these components.
- Best installation practices equals system longevity and outstanding performance! When installing the treatment area Olson's uses low ground pressure excavation equipment to protect the sub-grade soils from compaction. When installing mound type treatment areas we typically utilize a tracked backhoe to scarify the mound area, scarifying not only the soil absorption area, but the entire mound area. Then we install washed, course sand (ASTM C-33 or MN-DOT 3126 spec) for the entire mound area, rather than installing the sand only over the absorption area. This creates a greater physical area for absorption and an added level of insurance for the longevity of the treatment area. Center distribution is installed on all mound systems rather than end distribution. This allows for equalized distribution in the treatment area.
- Rock trenches and beds are installed using washed sewer rock; we are constantly monitoring the cleanliness of the rock product. The rock areas of the treatment system are covered with Mirafi 140nc 4-ounce woven geotextile fabric; we do not use a light-weight, paper-thin type fabric. The Mirafi fabric product protects the rock below from infiltration of soil particles and is installed approximately 4.5 to 7.5 inches beyond the edges of the rock trench or bed for additional protection of the rock area.
- Topsoil required for finishing a mound type treatment area is imported to the site. We do not scrape up topsoil from around the new mound area or from the yard of the site and push it up onto the new mound.
- Areas of the site that are excavated during installation of the onsite sewage treatment system are finish graded.
- We service what we sell! We stand behind our work as well as offering full maintenance service for onsite sewage treatment systems.
- Trained, Experienced, Dedicated Professionals! Our employees, including office staff, are designated, registered professionals trained by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency and the University of Minnesota. We are a licensed, bonded, and insured company. We comply with OSHA rules and recommendations for a safe work environment. Olson's complies with federal and state DOT laws for safe driving, vehicles, and mandatory drug and alcohol testing. Olson's Sewer Service and Olson's Excavating Service is a 3nd generation family-owned business, proudly serving your community since 1954.
- We would appreciate the opportunity to install your onsite sewage treatment system. You are making an investment in your home and we welcome your questions.